*Note* I’m not allowed to show the finished product or the final drafts. Here are earlier sketches/wireframes of the product.
Before I started to redesign the entire application, I decided to look to the current user needs and the company’s vision and core values. I also did extensive research into the current application and noted key problems users were finding, unnecessary features and bad design. After I have done my research, I started working on early sketches/wireframes, which I discussed with colleagues. After many iterations I started working on a final proposition to get feedback from clients and users. Some changes were made before I submitted the final draft to the developers.
I tried to look for what users wanted in such an application and what the core problems were. For example: users found it difficult to switch to a calendar from a ordinary list. The switch-button was small and was somewhere hidden amongst other buttons. I made a hierarchy of buttons in order to look for priorities. Once I figured that out, I started working on some wireframes with different designs.
Clients were moderately happy with the redesign of the application. They agree that it was a much needed improvement comparing to the previous version. Some features were added and some were repositioned, so people had to get used to the redesign. Next couple of weeks, nearing the end of my internship, we gradually got more positive feedback. I left the company while the app was still in a development stage, so I never got to see the finished product of that.
I gained valuable experience working with deadlines, clients and coworkers during my time at the company. I spent a lot of time designing core features and I was seen as an expert on this field, which gave me a lot of confidence to create something incredible. If I could have done things differently, I would’ve made sure to get more testing done to get more credible feedback earlier on.
Beeple won Belgiums startup of the year 2016 that year, at the KMO.